Working with us
Point.51 regularly works with freelance journalists and photographers. We welcome expressions of interest from journalists and photographers with experience of issues-based reporting on a local, national or international level.
Please do not send completed stories or unsolicited pitches. Point.51 is a thematic publication and we work with contributors to develop story ideas that will fit with the themes we have planned for future issues.
- Please make sure you are familiar with the stories we have already published before getting in contact
- You should be comfortable developing and reporting an in-depth story through to the publication of a 3,000+ word long-form piece and able to work with an editor through revisions and fact-checking
- You should be able to supply two writing samples in English (or translated into English), or examples of previously published work
- We pay for all commissioned long-form stories and significant photo essays: our standard contributor fee is €300, and we also cover certain reporting expenses by prior agreement
- While we cannot reply to everyone individually, we do read and consider every email received
- Unfortunately, we do not currently offer internships
To express interest in working together in the future, please send an email introducing yourself and your areas of interest as a journalist or photographer.